John & Cait | Inman Park, Atlanta GA
session type: Inman Park Surprise Proposal Photographer
location: Victory Sandwich Bar, Atlanta GA
photographer: Danielle Brown
So have we mentioned that we LOVE photographing surprise proposals? As of this blog post, I counted… we’ve had 47 happy couples ask, “will you marry me?” And we’ve captured all 47 “YES!” responses. Within the first six months of 2021, Danielle Brown and our team, have captured 16 unique surprise marriage proposals and we’re so pleased to share this most recent proposal in Inman Park.
John sat out to plan the perfect proposal to Cait. Because when you ask someone to share your life, it’s a pretty special moment.
Planning with Inman Park Surprise Proposal Photographer
A little about our process… full disclosure, I’m an over-communicator. I believe in black and white, all the details, talk through all the challenges and extra steps communication. Planning the perfect proposal is SOOOO important to us. We have steps for everything. We’ve thought through about 98% of any given scenario, the other 2% is just a little too random to be expected. John initially reached out via email, and we started planning his Inman Park Surprise Proposal photographer session by text. You need to keep surprises on the down-low or it’s no longer a surprise.
Our next steps, while Cait was out of town for the weekend, was for John and I to meet and do a quick walk-through of his plan. His plan was fantastic.
First, John and Cait would walk their new puppy to the park. Once in place, John got on one knee and asked the all important question.
It’s always my preference to go unnoticed during the actual proposal, and for an extra bonus, our proposee, Cait has the extra surprise of realizing that John hired a photographer to document their special moment.
After the Surprise Proposal
One of my more common questions from proposers is “what happens after I ask her to marry me?” Because the actual proposal only takes a couple minutes, and you’ve reserved Danielle Brown Photography for one hour, we start a mini-portrait session for the rest of the hour.
In Hollywood, there’s a saying about working with children and puppies. And Julep stole my heart. We LOVE working with animals. There’s just too much cuteness in this face.In Hollywood, there’s a saying about working with children and puppies. And Julep stole my heart. We LOVE working with animals. There’s just too much cuteness in this face.
Inman Park Surprise Proposal Photographer turns into Surprise Engagement Party
The second part of John’s plan was to walk a few hundred yards over to Victory Sandwich in Inman Park. Friends and family were waiting with bated breath and hugs all around.
My favorite moment when John and Cait were greeting their guests, was when Cait realized who was there…
To celebrate friends and family, we always make a point to do some quick group shots.
Cait and John had their first date here. We celebrated this momentous event by grabbing some quick portraits in the booth they shared, way back when.
All about the Engagement Ring
Some of my favorite shots of any engagement session or Inman park surprise proposal photographer client is getting some killer shots of the actual engagement ring.